Saturday, December 14, 2013

Loving life in general

     Ladies and Gentlemen i must take a moment to apologize for once again slacking off in my writings on this blog. This year has been a little bit more scattered and all over the road than i had expected. While i have enjoyed the work i gotta say that i honestly find myself surrounded by a serious lack of honor and loyalty with the people that i work with. These stuck up assholes walk around like their shit don't stink and would rather stab u in the back for their own benefit than look you in the eye. It has been a real eye opener about the every man for himself mentality that has taken over this industry that i love.

      But i digress, I'm not going to use this blog for ranting about the negative things going on in my world but should rather focus on the positive.

        What would the positive be you ask? Well for one i had the opportunity to participate in a truck show for the first time in 16 years and let me tell you it was AWESOME!!! I found myself in a very Zen place, cuz i didn't have to make sure the truck was showroom clean. All i had to do was wash the truck, and show up drink some beer and visit with other club members and those attending the show. It left me with a feeling of finally coming home. It was the most relaxed I've been in I don't remember how long. Hell lets rewind to a couple weeks before that. I Finally met kut and l.t.in person and got to hang out at the club bar for the first time. Now to be honest I'm kind of a shy person and have to admit that i was nervous all the way from Wisconsin down to chi-town. I had thoughts runnin thru my head all over the board folks, i mean from what if i get there and they think I'm just some stupid nerd that they don't like to what the hell am i doing i got to be  heading to Ohio and here i am stopping to take the day off to meet people that i don't know from Adam except on face book!!! But i gotta tell y'all that it was the best decision I've made by far this year, the opportunity to sit down with kut and l.t. was to say the least peaceful and well to say enjoyable would b an understatement.

        You know it just occurred to me that I'm not going to post this blog on my personal page but only on the \club page. So I may as well face facts about what the point of this blog is....I'M BORED! And well maybe this is my way to encourage the new members and prospects to be as active as possible in this thing of ours. Because let me tell y'all that personally it is totally worth it. Ctlc not only give u a sense of pride in what u do and who you are. But it also gives you hope for our industry. Personally whenever i hit one of my low points and want to say fuck it and walk away from everything involving the truck and what is going on at home all i gotta do is just pull up the club page and I'M BACK!! It may sound stupid but it's the truth.

      I would like to give y'all an example. The guys i mentioned in the first paragraph, each one of them has seen me wearing my club shirts and seen the stickers on my truck. all of them have asked me about the club, and after I've explained it to them they all asked the same thing. Why would they choose you? Each time i pulled up the club page and read thru the posts from the roll call to just what was going on in general and thought to myself that the reason i was chosen don't matter what matters is that I'm here and know that there are 100 plus people that if i said help there would be 100 plus people who instantly would ask what do you need and how can we make it happen?  Also on these occasions i think about the members that I've ran with, sat down and broke bread with, or even spent the day at a truck show and split a bottle 3 ways with and just sat down in their living room and visited. Nothing fancy just people sitting down and getting to know each other better. Y'all know who you are even though I'm writing this strictly for the club rules are still rules and seeing as how this is being written on the fly instead of planned out i can't technically mention names or handles without permission. I guess that the point I'm trying to make is to the new members and prospects, if at any point you question the reason your in this club just take a moment and remember what drew you to the club in the first place even if it was another member inviting you to check it out and see what you think. Then hold onto that reason and remember your here for a reason, even with the club breaking into chapters we are still hand picked for a reason even if we don't know what that reason is.

        Also, i know that our member from AZ (look at me being all sneaky and working around the rules lol) has mentioned it in various posts and comments on our page. But allow me to also encourage the new members and prospects if you have the opportunity to make it through Chicago take the time to stop and hang out even if it's only for a cup of coffee, you should allow yourself the time to meet the man who started this club trust me you'll not regret it. I know that some of y'all don't run out that way, I'm one of those guys that Chicago is a few and far between town for me to end up in. I was there at the first part of this week and due to circumstances i couldn't stop and visit which sucks seeing as how the last time i was there was during the club show. To tell the truth my load finder got an ear full the next morning as i was leaving town lol. But I'm getting off track again, at the very least pay attention to the roll call when someone posts it and participate in it as well I personally cannot describe properly the awesome feeling that takes over when i meet up with fellow members out on the road. The stress of the job just disappears and i know that I'm gong to enjoy the run or visit because i know that I'm meeting up with family and the rest of the world can go to hell. Well at least until later when i got time to worry about everything else.

        With that last paragraph being said, i guess i should quit while i'm ahead. I can see that brick wall called writers block coming up fast. I hope this writing makes sense and y'all take something from it other than "damn he rambles alot". To conclude, i know i've posted it a lot on the club page or even on my own personal page but i want to thank each and every one of my brothers and sisters for allowing me to continue to be a part of this club. It is truly an amazing feeling to know that my nerdy misfit self has finally found somewhere that i know i belong and no longer have to wander around and wonder why. And to the prez, thank you as well. Thank you for not giving up on yours and marios dream. May i never give you a reason to regret choosing me to be a part of this family, and hopefully i continue to represent this club in a way that makes y'all proud.

       Even though this was written for the club i'm going to end it in my standard was cuz there are others that read these writings as well, at least i hope so. 





                                                                                           I remain as always your humble servant,
                        
                                                                                                            The wandering Gypsy

No comments:

Post a Comment