Sunday, August 5, 2012

greetings and salutations

Allow me to beg a moment of your indulgence...


There, that sounds like a sophisticated way to begin don't it? Well screw sophistication, maybe the better way to begin would be...LLLLLLLLLADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS,CHILDREN OF ALL AGES!!!!!!......nah maybe not that way either. Hmm this could be difficult, well the best way is probably to just get down to it...after many years of thinking about this and thinking some more it's finally time. Yes it's time for another voice of the voiceless to be heard (read) and try my best to make y'all think yet be entertained at the same time. To write and hopefully through your comments discuss the issues affecting my industry and others who take as much pride as i myself do in what we do. What do we do you ask? Well I myself am a professional truck driver, not a steering wheel holder, and not a trucker. I was born into this industry, I live it I breath it every day of my life. I was raised in the old school manner of you take the utmost pride in what you do and drive whether you drive a large car i. e. peterbilt 379 or kenworth w900L or a volvo or freightliner, also known as "freightshakers". Myself and those like me strive everyday to improve the image of the professional driver out here on the road. we show up at customers clean in both appearance and our equipment. We firmly believe in a handshake and frown deeply upon those who refuse to shake hands with the men and women who deliver their goods. If we call a customer and ask them how they are doing and they blow it off we instantly turn on the asshole attitude they so richly deserve. And we have no tolerance for those who show up dirty and act disrespectful to other people out here. If you see one of us and we are being helpful and offering advice or a helping hand you'd best take it or suffer the consequences. We don't put up with dirty, disrespectful, sloppy people in our industry. At this time i would like to take a moment to warn one and all that my randomness kicks in too. Yes in the middle of these blogs we will take a left turn out of nowhere so i recommend y'all hold on tight and enjoy the levity in my more serious posts. As an example...did any of you know that the street lights in hershey PA are shaped like hersheys kisses? Or the reason the rocks on southern Ut and the southwest are red because of a high iron content? Back to the blog, did y'all keep up? Good we aint to far off track, but before the inevitable writers block shows up to rear its ugly head i thank you one and all for taking a moment to read my first of many blogs, and invite you to join me on this somewhat curvy adventure into the world of online ramblings.


                                                                                     Until next time i remain humbly your servant
                                                     
                                                                                                            The wandering gypsy




1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging baby.... Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!!

    ReplyDelete